Health Club Management Certification Test 2016 – Upwork Test Answers
Till 27 February 2016, this Upwork Health Club Management Certification test attended by 6,097 freelancers and total 1,180 freelancers qualified it. Please Try to review each questions and answers properly. Take your time. Maybe you can have Top Result in Upwork Health Club Management Certification test.
Do you need prove? watch this video.
Upwork Health Club Management Certification Test 2016
2 Answered Test Questions:
1. A value club might be a welcome improvement to your suburban neighborhood, but a value club’s members can be _______.
a. Already in shape
2. Your club should always have a sitting area, even if it’s just a small one inside the doors?
48 NOT Answered Yet Test Questions:
(hold on, will be updated soon)
3. Which methods of payment should you not accept?
a. Automatic debit
a. Credit card payments
4. What is one good source for less expensive equipment?
a. Resale shops
a. Places like Craigslist
a. “Trials” from manufacturers
a. All of the above
5. When you discipline an employee, you should always talk privately. Why?
a. If you don’t, they can sue you
a. You don’t want other employees to know how you handle discipline
a. You don’t want to embarrass them
a. It’s against labor laws not to
6. Your front desk should be prepared to back you up on what?
a. Sales and promotion
a. Fixing equipment
a. Scheduling employees
a. Handling trainer schedules
7. How can you encourage people to use automatic debit to pay for their monthly membership?
a. Offer a discount
a. Offer a free month per year
a. Make other forms of payment difficult
a. Charge a fee for other forms of payment
8. When should a potential member fill out their fitness profile?
a. After they have taken a tour of the club
a. Before they have taken a tour of the club
a. When they sign up for a club membership
a. When they have their first trainer workout
9. When trying to set a price point for memberships, you should overestimate your expenses by how much?
10. What unlikely question is fine to ask a potential health club employee?
a. Where did you last work?
a. Why do you want to work here?
a. What did you have for breakfast?
a. What is your experience and training?
11. Which of these is not considered a “complimentary business” to your health club?
a. Smoothie shop
a. Sandwich shop
a. Coffee shop
a. Golf shop
12. Having a website is a good idea, but not really necessary.
13. What can you do to ensure your gym stays clean?
a. Spend 5 minutes cleaning equipment each hour
a. Hire a high-quality cleaning crew
a. Tell gym members to clean the equipment after they use it
a. Have your staffers spend about an hour at the end of each day cleaning the gym
14. Which of these is not considered a quality essential to lead?
a. Ability to inspire
a. Friendly demeanor
a. Ability to direct people
15. If your gym is located in a suburban area, you will be most busy when?
a. Mornings and weekends
a. All day
16. What should always be included in a customer file?
a. A complete medical history
a. Before pictures
a. The member’s goal list
a. Medical and liability releases
17. What should your front desk workers always do?
a. Engage in casual chit chat with members
a. Say “hello” to members as they arrive
a. Use the member’s name and greet them as they arrive and leave the club
a. Clean the equipment after each use
18. Managing people is the same as leading them.
19. As a club manager, you should stay in constant contact with what?
a. Your members
a. Front desk
a. All of the above
20. Which of these is NOT a factor in setting your membership prices?
a. The skill of your staff and trainers
a. What gyms across the country are charging
a. Your geographic location
a. Your operating costs
21. What percentage of Americans use credit cards?
a. More than 80%
22. About what percentage of people in any given community will join a health club.
23. In the fictional gym, “Energy”, why does Jeff have one of his trainers work a split shift?
a. It works with her schedule
a. She requested it
a. It flows with the busy times in the gym
a. He didn’t want two trainers at work at the same time
24. What objection by a potential member is the easiest for you to deal with?
a. Not enough money
a. Want to think about it first
a. Need to ask husband/wife
a. Not enough time
25. Which of these can be the most beneficial to you as a club manager, but the most difficult to run?
a. Tanning salon
a. Juice bar
a. Climbing wall
26. What one specific benefit should you always offer your employees?
a. Health care
a. Free membership
a. Paid vacation (even for part-time employees)
27. You should never assume that members of current clubs will switch clubs and join yours, even if yours is a better deal and a better gym.
28. What should your Club design focus on?
a. Something that people don’t really want to do
a. Something that people desperately want to do
a. Make people spend money on products and additional services
a. Make people join your gym
29. Any employee who works for a gym should be physically fit.
30. Why do you ask potential members to fill out a fitness profile?
a. To determine their level of fitness before they begin working out
a. To determine what they want and need out of your club
a. To get their contact information so you can reach them later
a. To determine if they are seriously interested in joining your club
31. If you are an introvert, operating a health club might not be the best job for you.
32. As far as you are concerned, the best type of memberships are paid:
a. Whenever, as long as they are paid
33. How can you acquire equipment for your new club?
a. Purchase equipment
a. Lease equipment
a. Purchase used equipment
a. All of the above
34. When you give a potential member a tour, what kinds of words should you use?
a. Any words that sell, sell, sell
a. Positive, uplifting words
a. Words that apply to things they are looking for in a gym
a. Words relevant to their age and vernacular
35. You should only keep your club open for as many hour as you, personally, can work.
36. You should always strive to get as much free and low-cost advertising as possible, rather than pay for expensive ads.
37. You should buy a domain name even if it will be awhile before you build your website.
38. It really doesn’t matter if you keep customer files on the computer or in paper form, as long as the system works for you and your employees.
39. How should you advertise your gym?
a. Hope for word of mouth
a. Radio ads
a. Newspaper ads
a. As many free and low-cost promotions as possible
40. If someone says they can’t afford a gym membership, what should your response be?
a. Offer to cut them a deal on the initiation fee
a. Leave them alone; you don’t want to force someone into a financial arrangement they can’t afford
a. Offer to reduce their monthly payment
a. Tell them their health is the best investment they can make
41. When you consider like clubs and their prices for memberships and their services, you should look in a variety of locales for comparisons.
42. If you were to follow the suggested list for equipment in the course, how much would you spend each month on the equipment leases?
43. What one inexpensive component can dramatically change the look of your club?
a. New equipment
44. Which of these is not recommended as essential for your gym?
a. Stereo system
a. Cash register
a. Many mirrors
45. What one component can do more to improve the overall look of your club than any other?
a. Expensive equipment
a. Clean atmosphere
46. Which of these is not a leadership quality?
a. Ability to direct
a. Being open minded
a. Positive attitude
47. You should be careful when looking for employees where?
a. In the local classified ads
a. Within the ranks of friends
a. Within the ranks of current fitness members
a. With an ad posted on a bulletin board
48. What is one of the main disadvantages to not keeping a trainer on staff (but choosing to use the contractor status instead)?
a. They might also work elsewhere
a. You can’t advertise “x trainers on staff!”
a. You can’t offer benefits
a. The trainer might leave and go somewhere else
49. One major disadvantage of a volume club is _______.
a. The need to keep longer hours
a. Wear and tear on the equipment
a. Your profit is lower
a. People prefer value clubs
50. A medium-sized new club should have how many elliptical machines?