Windows XP Test 2016 – Upwork Test Answers
Till 27 February 2016, this Upwork Windows XP Test attended by 248,821 freelancers and total 143,404 freelancers qualified it. Please Try to review each questions and answers of this Windows XP Test properly. Take your time. Maybe you can have Above Average in Upwork Windows XP Test.
Do you need prove?
watch this Upwork Windows XP Test Video
60 Answered Test Questions:
1. Which of the following descriptions about the Windows Task Scheduler is most accurate?
a. It is a tool that enables you to schedule programs and other utilities to run regularly, when it is most convenient for you.
b. It is a utility available in the Windows Accessories that helps you arrange your daily routine and appointments.
c. It is a tool that schedules when Windows should save unsaved files automatically.
d. It is a Windows user interface that allows you to customize the Taskbar.
2. By hovering the mouse pointer over the clock, what happens?
a. It displays the time in a bigger font.
b. It will speak out the time through the speaker connected to the computer.
c. It will show the time in analog format.
d. It will display the current day of the week and the date.
3. You can automatically rearrange desktop icons in Windows XP. Which of the following statements in the above regard is/are correct.
a. You can sort the icons by Name.
b. You can sort the icons by Size.
c. You can sort the icons by Type.
d. You can sort the icons by Date Modified.
e. All of the above
f. None of the above
4. Which of the following statements about the Stand By option while shutting down your computer is correct?
a. It waits for 5 minutes before shutting down the computer.
b. It helps to conserve power by shutting off some hardware, like the hard disk.
c. It shuts down the computer for a specific time and then restarts it.
d. Stand By will save your desktop and all open files to a special Windows file called hiberfil.sys. This file usually resides in the computer’s root folder (C:\hiberfil.sys).
5. A common name given to the bitmapped desktop image (usually a picture) that serves as a background for the entire desktop is:
6. An icon with an arrow in its lower-left corner, which can be clicked for quick access to the object it represents, is a(n):
a. Application icon
b. Folder (directory) icon
c. Document icon
d. Shortcut icon
7. Which of the following statements about the file security levels while browsing is/are correct?
a. Low is designed with the minimum safeguards.
b. Under Low security, active content such as scripting, runs without prompting.
c. Medium-low is the same as Medium but with less frequent prompts.
d. Medium is the default security level for the Internet.
e. All of the above
8. Can you edit a .html File using Notepad?
9. Which statement(s) about the Recycle Bin is/are correct?
a. All deleted files except media files are sent to the Recycle Bin.
b. You can restore any selected files from the Recycle Bin folder by right clicking and then selecting Restore.
c. The Recycle Bin stores files for one month before permanently deleting them.
d. More than one file at a time cannot be restored from the Recycle Bin.
10. Windows XP has a new user system. Its new user system:
a. Was inherited from Windows 98.
b. Was inherited from Windows 3.x.
c. Was inherited from Windows NT/2000.
d. Was not inherited from any prior Windows O/S.
11. The left side of the Start menu contains two parts, separated by a thin horizontal line. The Windows XP term for manually inserting a shortcut to one of your chosen applications into the top part of the left side (by using the right-context menu of the application in Windows Explorer) is called:
a. Attaching an application to the Start menu.
b. Pinning an application to the Start menu.
c. Placing an application into the Start menu.
d. Porting an application to the Start menu.
12. In addition to the Start button, the taskbar in Windows XP is further divided into sections for:
a. Logging out or shutting down the computer.
b. Open (running) programs
c. Automatically started programs when booting the computer and notifications of events
d. Shortcuts to various applications
13. Which of the following features is/are new in the Windows XP Start menu?
a. It shows you who is logged on.
b. It automatically adds the most frequently used programs.
c. It enables you to move any program you want to the Start menu.
d. The pinned list (at the top of the Start menu) will be automatically loaded with the user’s default Web browser and e-mail program.
14. Some computers in your local area network (LAN) have Windows XP Home Edition installed, whereas the others use Windows XP Professional. Is it possible to utilize the NTFS Encrypting File System (EFS) security feature on those computers in the LAN that have Windows XP Home Edition installed?
15. Starting with Windows 95, the File Manager tool for organizing and controlling the files and folders of the computer’s storage systems, such as the hard drive(s) and disk drive(s) has been called:
a. Windows Manager
b. Internet Explorer
c. Windows Explorer
d. Windows Task Manager
16. There is a better method to enable or disable services on your computer than using msconfig and hardware profiles. When using msconfig, you might disable some services that are necessary to boot the system. Which of the following should be used to enable or disable services.
a. Device Manager
b. Event Viewer
c. Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
d. Local Security Policy
17. Which of the following would be a System Restore feature in Windows XP?
a. It allows you to take a quick backup of your important data.
b. It helps you recover data that has been lost due to a hard disk crash.
c. It allows you to quickly clean up unwanted files, folders, and desktop icons.
d. It allows you to restore your computer to a previous state in case of a system problem.
e. It allows you to quickly reinstall Windows XP in case of need.
18. What is the main purpose of mapping network drives?
a. It provides a convenient way of accessing a shared resource such as a folder, file, or printer.
b. It helps to reduce network traffic by automatically making a copy of the shared resource on the user’s computer.
c. It speeds up processing and memory usage by automatically making a copy of the shared resource on the user’s computer.
d. None of the above options.
19. Which of the following features is/are available in Windows XP?
a. A built-in CD burner
b. Windows Media Player
c. Windows antivirus
d. Microsoft Excel
20. Which Windows XP feature allows users to compare and update their offline files and folders with those on the network?
a. Synchronization Manager
b. Network Location Awareness
c. Offline Viewing
d. Credential Manager
21. Which of the following statements is/are correct regarding the grouping of Windows tabs?
a. Only Windows of the same program can be grouped into one tab.
b. You can group windows of all open programs into one tab.
c. You can group windows of only two programs at a time.
d. There is no option to group tabs in Windows XP.
22. Which of the following activities can you accomplish with the Remote Desktop feature in Windows XP?
a. You can get a miniature view of your desktop by clicking on the Desktop icon.
b. You can automatically clear up unwanted Desktop icons.
c. You can view files and documents on your computer’s desktop from a coworker’s computer.
d. You can view files and documents on any computer’s desktop from your computer.
23. Which of the following is/are valid Window’s file names?
b. expert rating
e. expert rating certifications!
24. Windows XP has several command-line utility tools for troubleshooting the computer. Suppose that your computer seems to have a problem with connecting to the Internet. Before reporting your connectivity problems to your ISP, which tool could you use to display the current TCP/IP network configuration values and to refresh the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) settings?
25. What happens when you hold down the Windows button key and press the E key?
a. It opens the Windows Explorer.
b. It opens the Internet Explorer.
c. It opens the default search engine.
d. It opens the color settings.
26. Which of the following statements about Windows XP features is/are correct?
a. Windows XP can automatically download updates.
b. Windows XP offline files allows you to synchronize your files with your file server.
c. If Fast User Switching is enabled, you cannot use offline files.
d. There is a “System Restore” functionality within Windows XP.
27. With Windows XP, the default display resolution is 800×600 in 32-bit true color. With some computers 32-bit video tends to slow down screen redraws. How could you drop the screen depth to 16 bits instead of 32 bits in order to speed up the display in older PCs, especially laptops?
a. In the Colors control panel, set the Colors option to Medium (16 bits).
b. In the Color Management control panel, set the Color depth to Medium (16 bits).
c. In the System control panel, set the Monitor depth to 16 bits.
d. In the Display Properties dialog box, on the Settings page, set the Color quality option to Medium (16 bits).
28. Windows XP usually retains copies of old drivers when newer versions of them are installed or upated. If the new drivers have problems, the user can return to the previous version. Does this new Windows XP feature work with printer drivers?
29. A set of instructions that tells Windows XP which devices to start when you boot your computer, or which settings to use for each device, is called a ____________. Several different sets can be created and are especially useful if you have a laptop computer because you can have the computer preset when the computer is operating at different physical locations.
a. Software profile
b. Localized profile
c. Hardware profile
d. Settings profile
30. The Windows XP installs its search function that, by default, has an animated dog character, Rover. Which of the following is/are true?
a. Rover could be replaced with another animated character or with no character at all.
b. Rover cannot be replaced by another character. It is a permanent feature.
c. Rover could be replaced by another character, but another animated character must be used (instead of having no character at all).
31. Which key combination would you use to flip between open windows?
a. Alt + Shift
b. Alt + Tab
c. Ctrl + Tab
d. Ctrl + Alt
32. Which of the following statements is true if you open an existing file, make changes to it, and save it with a new name?
a. The original file will be deleted.
b. The original file remains unchanged.
c. The changes will be saved in the original file.
d. The original file is sent to the Recycle Bin.
33. What type of icons are displayed in the system tray?
a. Icons of media-related programs.
b. Icons of programs developed by Microsoft.
c. Icons of programs that are loaded into memory.
d. All of the above
34. What does the Desktop Cleanup Wizard do?
a. It removes suspected virus shortcuts from the desktop.
b. It removes the desktop wallpaper.
c. It removes the desktop shortcuts that have never been used.
d. It sends all the desktop icons to the Recycle Bin.
35. While viewing file names through the Windows Explorer, what happens if you drag and drop a file named letter1.txt on top of another file named letter2.txt lying in the same folder?
a. The contents of letter2.txt will be replaced by the contents of letter1.txt.
b. The contents of letter1.txt will be replaced by the contents of letter2.txt.
c. The contents of letter1.txt will be appended to the contents of letter2.txt.
d. The contents of letter2.txt will be appended to the contents of letter1.txt.
e. Nothing will happen.
36. What is the key combination to Quit a program through Task Manager that is not responding?
a. Alt + Del
b. Ctrl + Alt + Del
c. Ctrl + Del
d. Shift + Alt + Del
37. You are logged in as an administrator to the computers on your small local network and you want to change the names of those computers and the workgroup so that their names are more informative. One way to change the names would be to:
a. Open the System control panel. Select the System tab and then click Change. Enter the desired name for the computer and click OK.
b. Open the System control panel. Select Change Name from the Edit menu and then click Change Name. Enter the desired name for the computer and click OK.
c. Right click the Desktop and select Personalize. Select the Computer Name tab and then click Change. Enter the desired name for the computer and click OK
d. Open the Performance and Maintenance control panel. Select the Computer Name tab and then click Change. Enter the desired name for the computer and click OK.
e. Right Click on My Computer icon, choose properties and select tab ‘Computer Name’ or(use run command and put sysdm.cpl) and click on the Change button. Enter the desired name for computer and click OK.
38. Which of the following statements about icons on the desktop is correct?
a. You can rename an icon by left-clicking the mouse button and selecting Rename.
b. You can rename an icon by right-clicking the mouse button and selecting Rename.
c. You can delete an icon by left-clicking and selecting Delete.
d. You cannot rename an icon.
39. A new function of Windows XP that allows two or more users in a local network to use only one Internet connection by routing all the Internet traffic through one computer is called __________________.
a. Internet Routing
b. Windows Internet Sharing (WIS)
c. Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
d. Windows Connection Sharing (WCS)
40. The Microsoft file format that contains the bitmapped graphics and metadata for the skins used in the three preinstalled Windows XP visual themes is:
41. What should you type on the command prompt to return back to Windows?
42. Which of the following statements about Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is true?
a. Using ICS, you can connect different computers to the Internet using just one dial-up connection, however you require at least two modems.
b. You require a router for using ICS.
c. Using ICS, a single computer can connect to more than one dial-up connection.
d. Using ICS, a single computer can connect to a dial-up and DSL connection simultaneously.
e. Using ICS, multiple computers can connect to the Internet through only one dial-up connection.
43. What happens when you choose ClearType for your screen fonts in Windows XP?
a. Only the black and white text will be visible.
b. Only the text in primary colors will be visible.
c. The font resolution is improved.
d. The font size will automatically adjust to the screen area of the monitor.
44. Windows XP has an On-Screen Keyboard function that could be used by a pointer device in case the keyboard is not functioning. (True or false?)
45. You have created a directory called TEST that includes the files test1.txt, test2.txt, test3.txt, test4.txt, test5.txt, and test6.txt. How can you select test2.txt, text3.txt, and test6.txt from the list of files visible in the Windows Explorer?
a. Press&Hold Ctrl and click on the three required files, one by one.
b. Press&Hold Shift and click on the three required files, one by one.
c. Press&Hold Alt and click on the three required files, one by one.
d. Right-click each file name, one by one, and choose the Cut option.
46. How does Windows File Protection (WFP) in Windows XP work?
a. It protects Windows XP from viruses that damage important files.
b. It prevents the replacement or removal of protected system files.
c. It protects the user data incase of a hard-disk crash.
d. It allows you to conveniently protect your files through password access.
47. Accelerator (hot) keys: Several menu commands, such as File, Edit, Table, or Tools, have one underlined letter as shown. The command associated with the underlined character can be Quickly executed if that character is entered on the keyboard immediately after the _____ key is pressed.
48. Which of the following statements regarding Windows XP user access is/are correct?
a. Multiple users cannot switch between accounts without restarting the computer.
b. Multiple users can switch between accounts without restarting the computer.
c. Windows XP does not support multiple user access.
d. None of the above
49. Windows XP includes a new type of view for folders that contain graphics files. This folder view is called _________ and displays small images of all the graphics in the folder in the bottom right-hand pane of Windows Explorer and a large image of a selected picture in the top right-hand pane.
50. Which Windows XP feature provides an underlying service that allows Windows and applications to determine when a machine has changed network locations?
a. Synchronization Manager
b. Network Location Awareness (NLA)
c. Offline Viewing
d. Peer-to-peer Networking Support
51. The _____________ is a large hidden file where Windows XP finds information about all of the hardware, software, and various settings and user options.
a. Windows Registry
d. Windows SysOps
52. How can you customize Advanced Start menu options in windows XP operating system.
a. Right click on the Taskbar and click the Customize button.
b. Right click on the Taskbar, choose Properties, click on Start Menu, and click the Customize button.
c. Right click on the Taskbar and choose open all users.
d. Left click on the Taskbar; choose Properties.
53. Which of the following type of objects can you search on your computer and on the network, using Windows XP Search Companion?
a. People in your contact list
d. Windows Help
e. All of the above
54. A new feature introduced in Windows XP that allows another user to log in and use the system without having to log out the previous user and Quit any running applications is known in Windows XP as:
a. Multiple user login
c. Fast user switching
55. The hard-drive utility tool in Windows XP for automatically fixing file system errors or for searching for and attempted recovery of bad sectors is:
a. CheckDisk (CHKDSK)
b. SystemCheck (SYSCHK)
c. DiskFix (DSKFX)
d. DiskScan (DSKSCN)
56. The new feature of Windows XP that can edit films, add sound and titles, and delete scenes is:
a. Windows Movie Maker
b. Windows Film Director
c. Movie Producer
d. Film Maker
57. State whether the following statement is true or false.
With Windows XP, you cannot specify that files with certain file name extensions should always open in the same program.
58. The older version of the Windows XP Desktop is called the “Windows Classic” look. One way to get the Windows Classic Desktop from the new default Windows XP Desktop is to:
a. In the System control panel, select Properties from the View menu. Select the Desktop tab and click on the Desktop pull-down list and select Windows Classic. Click OK.
b. Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties. Select the Themes tab and click on the Theme pull-down list and select Windows Classic. Click OK.
c. In the Display control panel, select Properties. Select the Desktop tab and click on the Theme pull-down list and select Windows Classic. Click OK.
d. Right-click on the desktop and choose Themes. Select the Desktops tab and click on the Desktop pull-down list and select Windows Classic. Click OK.
59. Windows XP tracks whatever files that load during every boot and application launches, and the operating system uses that information to prefetch files into RAM. These prefetch data are parsed into a file named __________ located in the Windows\Prefetch folder on the boot drive. Every three days, a limited defragmentation operation automatically occurs in the background during idle for only those files in that file to further speed up the computer’s file access.
60. Microsoft makes available a tool called the _____________________ for checking computers with a Windows operating system. This tool helps remove infections left by third-party software installed on the computer and displays a report describing the outcome in a log file named mrt.log in the %WINDIR%\debug folder.
a. Microsoft Reliability Tool
b. Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
c. Microsoft Windows Antivirus Tool
d. Microsoft Recovery Tool
Windows XP Test 2016 for beginners , upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016 tutorial for beginners in Hindi, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016 tutorial, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016 example, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016 in Hindi, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016 tips, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016 Bangla, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016 Bangla tutorial, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016 basics, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016 for beginners, upwork test answers,
Best Windows XP Test 2016, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016, upwork test answers,
Windows XP Test 2016, oDEsk Windows XP Test 2016,
Windows XP Test, upwork test answers